Savings begins with YOU
Whatever campaigns, initiatives or any other pledges come out to promote the savings.. The savings don’t begin unless you decide to do it.
Savings give a sense of pleasure and relaxation to the mind. I always say, I save for Peace of Mind. It gives a nice feeling when you don’t have to worry for tomorrow. Being an expat, you never know what would happen in the next moment. I follow simple rules to save.
- Put forward to some simple promises for yourself. Attach an emotion with that. When you break the rule, you should feel emotionally sick. Once you have done this, you have cracked the part.
- I allot a daily budget framed within a monthly budget. So, at the end of the day, all the left money goes into savings.
- Then I set a target, again to save. When I make a big amount, I opt for investment. An investment which could be really put to use in times of emergency For eg, Saving certificates.
- I save all the coins in a savings box. Feel it is unlucky to use the money until the box is full. Once the box is full, again it is big money.
- Never go window shopping with money in your wallet or during a sale period. The offers are tempting
- I don’t have a credit card. At the end, I am the one to pay. So better to avoid.
- Switch Off for a while. I switch off all the appliances and plugs, switches for an hour during winters and 15 minutes during summer. Go in fresh air during this time.
- Save with a purpose. Set goals. Either big or small, I set goals to save. Once accomplished, reward yourself with something useful.
- Never buy things for later use. Buy only when you are in need.
- Fill petrol in early mornings or late evenings. #Saves Money.
- SAVE PAPER. Subscribe for ebills, do not print unless necessary.
If you can follow these, you can save a noticeable amount.