Top 10 Energy Saving tips for households by FARNEK
Farnek would like share with you all some plain & simple tips that can save a lot of energy!
- Install aerators on your water taps which reduce water consumption by forcing air into the water flow, without disrupting water pressure
- Fit Light Emitting Diodes (LED) lights, they use less energy and last longer than conventional bulbs and produce less heat.
- Switch to high efficiency air conditioners or install energy saving devices -- you can reduce your energy consumption by up to 20%.
- You can also reduce your energy costs with exterior landscape shading, which reduces heat radiation and cools the air before it reaches the walls and windows of your home.
- Laying artificial grass such as five-star grass in your garden is an effective way to cut down on water consumption.
- Drawing the curtains in empty rooms will help reduce the heat radiation through your windows and will keep your home cooler.
- Used bath water is ideal to irrigate flowerbeds and also plant indigenous trees and shrubs in your garden which require minimal amounts of water.
- 90% of a washing machine's energy is used to actually heat the water, so if you wash your clothes at 30-40 °C you'll reduce your electricity bill. Also never use a washing machine unless you have a full load.
- Unplug all electrical appliances when not in use.
- Fit a dual flush button to your toilet.
To learn more please goto http://www.farnek.com/sustainable-consultancy.php